i finally finished quilting harper's quilt and am all set to cut out the binding and bind it. but wait....how do i do that again? the last quilt i made i machine stitched bias tape on and hated every moment of it. i'm determined to have a more enjoyable experience this time round.
i've heard on more than one occasion now how much some of you quilters enjoy throwing in a mix of hand and a mix of machine. you ladies have been machine stitching one side and hand stitching the other. i think this may be the perfect solution for this gemini. a bit of speedy sewing (machine binding) and a bit of loving hand sewing. i don't mind the idea of hand sewing some of the binding down it's the idea of doing all of it that freaks me right out..lol. i don't have enough time in my day...lol or enough trust in my hand sewing skills.
so in all curiousness i set out to find what i think are some very helpful tutorials (& videos) for how to figure out how much binding to cut, how to cut it & how to sew it either by hand or machine (even zig zag it) or how to bind your quilt without even binding it at all. wanna check them out? here ya go!
|zig zag binding tutorial from stitched in color|
- zig zag binding tutorial from stitched in color
- perfect binding tutorial: quilting basics series (an awesome series of tutorials on everything binding by one of my fave quilting designers) from jaybirdquilts
- continuous quilt binding tutorial from heather bailey
- great post on how to attach quilt binding from obsessively stitching
- fab binding tutorial from red pepper quilts
|how to easily hand sew a quilt binding from splityarn|
- all machine quilt binding tutorial and round quilt corners binding tutorial from that girl can quilt.
- binding tutorial from crazy mom quilts
|making and sewing binding from oh fransson|
- binding tutorial that is great for calculating the amount of bias you need for your quilt from chasing cottons
|fast machine quilt binding 101 from diary of a quilter|
video it up:
- binding your quilt: tips and tricks from the missouri quilt co.
- pat sloan machine binding tutorial
- diy dish how to bind a quilt video
- binding blind stitch tutorial from quilting in the rain
- how to make bias binding for a quilt from connecting threads
- how to bind a quilt from wendi gratz
|quilt without binding tutorial from red pepper quilts|
- great tutorial on how to use your quilt top as binding from made by rae
- one of my recent faves....quilt without binding tutorial from red pepper quilts
tell me your favorite binding tutorials and i'll post them here!
what method of binding a quilt do you prefer? do you have some tried and tested tips to share? any secrets of binding to let us in on? please link up any tutorials you've found online that are helpful as well and i'll add them to the roundup! what quilts are you working on? let's chat quilty goodness ladies!